Friday, June 27, 2008

Love Guru (Movie Review)

On Wednesday night, me and Michael decided to go get his hair cut, and after we were done, we were pretty hungry. Spur of the moment, we decided on The Movie Tavern, because we could eat and watch a movie. The only on that was starting right then was The Love Guru starring Mike Myers, Jessica Alba, and Justin Timberlake, among others.

I had heard some things about this movie, like "it was a mistake by Mike Myers to make this one." So I went in kind of skeptical, but I'm so positive about movies, I gave it a chance and was pleasantly surprised. I might be easily amused, but I rather enjoyed this flick. There's some t-shirts inspired by this movie I'm going to want to make, but you'll have to watch the movie to find out what I'm talking about.

I give a thumbs up. It's a bit Austin Power-esque, but it's funny. Just let go and enjoy it.

Oh and by the way, for fans of Harvey Birdman, Steven Colbert kind of steals the show. He did his character in the "Phil Ken Sebben" voice, from Harvey Birdman and his character was even named Ken. Every time he opened his mouth, I thought I was watching Harvey Birdman, which I love, so I really got a kick out of it.

Movies to check out this weekend:

WALL•E - heard it was suposed to be the best pixar movie to date... but they just keep getting better and better??
Wanted - Angelina Jolie. HOT! action, action, action...

No comments: