Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Creativity Goals

As the new year arrives, I've been thinking of ways to get off my butt and start exercising my creativity a bit more. I've gotten lazy when it comes to my side work, and I decided to challenge myself a bit more.

1. I'm going to take a picture a day.

This doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it's a starting point. For someone who doesn't use their very expensive camera as much they should, it's an effort to try more. Plus, I noticed I started slacking in the "mommy-needs-to-document-everything" area.

I started yesterday with some pictures of Gennie in the tub, being oh so cute. I can't post it now, since I'm at work, but I will as soon as I get home, along with whatever today's picture is. Notice the slacking of POSTING a pic a day.... lol. I started a new sanctumds flickr account that I will use to document each day.

2. Design AT LEAST one card a week.

This is a lot. I don't have a lot of free time to devote to designing, but this will at least give me a minimum goal. I'd like to do a card a day, but I've already tried this and it's not as easy as I thought. So I'm staying realistic and factoring in the listing and blogging process. I will shoot for more cards than just one, so keep following and you'll see all the new designs I come up with this year!

3. Just Do MORE!!

I need to up the ante and start venturing out, more. I have already started twittering and networking, and looking for outlets to start marketing my cards. I have also talked with my dad about starting to do some leather work, so we can collaborate on that. He's all for it, but I have to keep on him and go over there more so we can work together on it. I already have some designs I'd like to try out, so I'll keep everyone posted on that.

All in all, I'm not really asking much of myself, really. I just need to try a bit harder and push myself to do more than nothing with my creativity.

Any other suggestions or words of encouragement would be great.

Happy New Year!!

-Susie

No comments: