Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I got Holga, How 'bout you?!


Ok so I'm a couple years too late, but I've finally jumped on the Lomo bandwagon. I remember reading in W Magazine, a LONG time ago, about these cool toy cameras that take very imperfect but interesting pictures. I'd been eying a few online, cause they are really cheap (about $40 to $60 depending on the brand.) I finally broke down and bought a Holga.

If you haven't heard about Lomography, you should definitely check it out. There's a Flickr Pool, 18,700 members strong, dedicated to everything Lomo. There are some really artsy and beautiful captures, and a lot of it is accidental. The imperfections of the camera are what make it so special.

I'm planning on creating prints of some of the stuff I capture, so keep an eye out for new stuff in my shop.

No comments: